Ever thought about using an AI story generator and AI virtual human together?
There are a few AI story generators out there like Plot Generator which can be quite fun to play around with.
All you need to do is punch in a few criteria, such as title, protagonist name, and any conflict or resolution, and an AI will generate a story for you.
With this AI generated story or storyboard tool, you can then get an AI virtual human to read this story for you via text to video, complete with different characters, and a narrator.
This is all just a bit of fun but for some, it could be a good way to create video and audio content without the need for a digital voice recorder! We’re now living in an age where all of that could be done with AI voice synthesis.
Which AI story generator should you use?
There are many story generators out there if you do a quick Google search, and all of them have their own way of generating stories with different customizable options and criteria.
For us, plot-generator.org.uk was a great choice because you can add certain criteria to generate the story how you want, such as:
- Protagonist name and gender
- Secondary character name and gender
- And many many more…
There are many more options too such as the type of relationship between the two characters, and/or any animals and pets.
These criteria are all optional, and you can even just randomize everything completely to create a story without any input from you if you so wish.
How to use with an AI story generator with AI virtual humans
Typecast offers virtual humans and AI actors to voice your AI generated story using either audio or video format.
In this guide, I’ll briefly go over how to make and edit videos using virtual humans and characters rather than an audiobook!
For a more in-depth article on how to use our video editor you can visit our how-to guide on How to Create a Virtual Actor Video.
- As we mentioned above, make sure you’ve generated your story and have saved the script! We’re going to need it of course.
- With your story script generated and saved, go to the typecast video editor and log in.
- Once you’ve signed in you’ll be taken to the dashboard. Click on My projects and then + Create new followed by Video Project.
- Paste in the first scene from you AI generated story at the bottom where it says “Please enter text” so that it can be read by the by virtual character, much like an online text reader.
- To change the virtual actor to a character, click on the actor’s portrait in the text box below and then Add actor in the drop down menu.
- Adjust the character’s size, position and animations by selecting the Character tab on the right.
- Add a background color or green screen by clicking on the Background colors tab on the right. Or, add a background image by clicking on the Images tab on the right.
- With the character and background setup, adjust the sound of the dialogue by clicking on the Audio tab on the right. You can adjust the speech’s
- With your first scene done, you can create another scene by editing the slides on the left, much like a PowerPoint presentation.
- Add transition effects for the cuts in between slides/scenes by clicking on the box under the slide you want to edit.
- Also, if you want to turn captions/subtitles on then you can click on the Captions tab on the right and click on the On/Off toggle.
- Once you’re happy with everything we can finally download the video. Click on Download in the top right corner to start the AI video generator.
You can either download in HD high-definition at 1280 x 720 resolution or FHD full high-definition at 1920 x 1080 resolution depending on your payment plan status.