One of the world’s most popular social media platforms is TikTok. The short video sharing platform has gained its popularity via its built-in recording and editing features. TikTok videos are popular with the younger audience especially with gen Z, but the audience age range has begun to expand.
Users have actively been sharing their TikTok videos online. The TikTok editor offer a wide variety of camera effects, filters, background music and other features that help make your video more entertaining to watch.
You could find a variety of TikTok videos on its platform ranging from education videos to pure form of entertainment.
Most of the TikTok videos are edited prior to sharing it with the public. Once your video has been uploaded and shared, there is no way to edit the actual video. Tiktok will only allow you to edit the description of the video, but you will not be able to edit the video itself.
This guide is going to teach you how to edit and re-upload a Tiktok video that you’ve posted. Keep in mind, all your comments and likes will be removed once this action takes place.
How to edit TikTok caption
Like mentioned, it is not possible to edit TikTok captions once your TikTok video has been uploaded and shared, even if you were to use the TikTok editor. If you don’t mind losing your comments and likes, you can try the following:
- First, go to your profile and select the video that you would like to edit.
- Then save the selected video onto your mobile gallery or Google drive or any other platform that you have access too.
- Then delete the video from your TikTok profile (However this will also delete likes and comments on the video, and will not be retrieved even if you post the same video again).
- Then, click on Post button in your profile and upload the video that you had just saved on your mobile.
- Just like how you posted your first TikTok video, fill in your captions and double check before posting to ensure that you did not make any mistakes!
However, if you have a saved draft it is a different story. If you have a workable draft, you can play around with different effects before posting the final version. Saved drafts can only be seen by the user and will not be visible to the public.
Having a series of drafts saved on your profile will also help you plan your contents. Since frequency in posting is key for influencers and other content creator in order to not lose followers and to increase your followers and reach, upload a few drafts few days before they are due to post. This case you will not need to keep a separate content calendar to keep track!
If you are not a big fan of creating TikTok videos, you could also TikTok repost which allows you to post videos created by other users on your profile for your followers to watch. This is also a good way to increase engagement rate and easier to keep your followers entertained.